27.03.2010

"Don't get on my bad side - I can work a gun."



Ich gebe mir ja eigentlich Mühe, im Blog niemanden mehr mit meiner Musik zu nerven und das stattdessen auf Facebook zu verlagern, aber "The Family Jewels" von Marina & The Diamonds (Marina Lambrini Diamandis, Jahrgang '85 ^^) hat es einfach verdient.

Oben: "Numb".

"One track mind, like a goldfish,
stuck inside my pantry dish.
I can't breathe, and I can't smile,
this better be worth my while.

I feel numb most of the time,
the more I get the higher,
I'll climb, and I will wonder why,
I got dark only
to shine.
Looking for the golden light,
oh, it's a reasonable sacrifice.

C-C-C-Cry.

Far gone families, far gone friends,
That's how it started, and how it ends,
I can't open up and cry, 'cause i've been saddened all my life.

[...]

Ooh, I get dark,
oh, and I'm in hell,
I need a friend,
ooh, but I can't yell,
yeah, I'm no good,
no good to anyone,
'cause all I care about,
is being number one.

[...]

I feel numb most of the time,
the more I get the higher,
I'll climb, and I will wonder why,
I get dark only
to shine.
And I'll light up the sky,
stars that burn the brightest
fall so fast and pass you by,
puff like empty lighters.

[...]"

Außerdem:







...und "The Outsider".


"Feeling like a loser,
feeling like a bum.
Sitting on the outside
observing the fun.

Don't get on my bad side -
I can work a gun.
Hop into the backseat baby,
I'll show you some fun.

These people are weird in here
and they're giving me the fear.
Just because you know my name
doesn't mean you know my game.

I look myself in the face
and whisper "I'm in the wrong place".
Is there more to lose than gain
if I go on my own again?"

Keine Kommentare: